It is easy to see why custom pens and pencils are so popular for promotional item giveaways. Everyone needs a pen handy to write down a few quick details or take notes during a meeting, and these writing tools have become an important part of our modern society. Pens and pencils are items that people will hold on to, because they can be used in so many ways.
Pens and pencils have been known as traditional promotional items, and they will continue being an effective way to advertise your brand. One of the biggest advantage to these promotional products is that they are cost-effective, so you can get a lot of them at a reasonable price. If you are thinking about using promotional pens and pencils for your marketing efforts, it is fun to consider some of these random facts about the products that you will be handing out:
- An average ballpoint pen can draw a line with a length of 1,200 – 2,200 meters in length.
- An average pencil can write about 45,000 words, or a line that is 56 kilometers long.
- It is estimated that 3.4 billion pens and 24 million pencils are imported into the United States on an annual basis.
- Rounded pencils could be imprinted starting in 1908, which A.C. Steward invented the technology for the imprints.
- The pen and pencil market does about $4 billion in sales on an annual basis
- Pencils are traditionally yellow in color because China produced the best graphite in the 1800’s, and manufacturers wanted to let people know that the pencils contained Chinese graphite.
- 56% of consumers own a pen or pencil with a company logo printed on the side
- When a person receives a branded pen or pencil, they will likely keep the writing instrument for an average of six months and use it 3 – 4 times per day.
When you are looking for a way to maximize your advertising spending and increase your brand awareness, it is easy to see that pencil imprinting is a good bang for your buck. In fact, the cost of imprinting a pencil is about 1/10 of a cent for each impression, so you can brand 1000 pencils for $1! This method of advertising is definitely cheaper than running an online ad or paying for a television commercial.
Technology Advances in the Writing Instrument Industry
Over the years, the technology has advanced to create higher quality pens and pencils. Long are the days when everyone had a plain, simple pencil in hand, because there are a number of features that can be used to personalize each pen.
In fact, the style of the pen has changed quite a bit in recent years, and the design will impact whether or not a person chooses to hang onto a pen that they receive. This technology has a direct effect on the types of pens that people use on a regular basis.
One of the most popular trends in recent years is a pen with a built-in stylus feature. This way, they can use the pen for writing and it is also a useful tool for a smartphone or tablet. Since the popularity of touch-screen technology has increased, so has the demand for pens with a built-in stylus. In fact, a stylus pen is one of the most popular branded promotional products that you might consider.
The Science of Writing Things Down
Scientists have shown that it is easier to remember facts when you write things down in longhand. Even though many people like to take notes on a laptop by typing, this method actually isn’t as effective as taking notes by hand. According to a study done at Princeton University, students retained information more effectively when they wrote their notes with a pen and paper, compared to the students who typed notes on a laptop. Luckily, the technology has made it possible for you to take notes in a digital format using a stylus.
Choosing Custom Pens and Pencils for Your Marketing
As you browse our website, you will see that we offer a variety of branded pens and pencils for you to choose from. Select the style, colors, and features that you like, and we will gladly help you get your company information branded on the side. We are always here to answer your questions, and invite you to contact us anytime if you need assistance with your order.